Travel, Etc. Links of the Week – 10/12/12
I’m headed off to Michigan today to watch my Wolverines play. It’s homecoming weekend in Ann Arbor, and I think it’s going to be a LOT of fun. From there, I’ll continue roadtripping to Indiana, Tennessee, DC, and Philly.
It’s been a while since I’ve been on a roadtrip, and I’m looking forward to it. It’s the perfect time of year, and I’ve got a whole lot of audio books, Spanish language CDs, and podcasts to keep me company.
Though you should probs watch Michigan kick the daylights out of Illinois this weekend, here are some web gems to read in between games.
- This was definitely something I wondered about: will you lose miles and points if you cancel a credit card? Luckily, Daraius over at Million Mile Secrets is here to hash it out for us.
- Wow, this map showing the true size of Africa kind of blew me away. If I were Sarah Palin, I’d say “What a HUGE country!”
- Nomadic Matt has had some great posts the past week, but my fave was this one about why you have more time to travel than you think — even if you’re in a real job with only 2 weeks of vacation!
- Does anybody else struggle with waiting until everything’s perfect before taking the next step? I sure do. I’d like to start implementing this strategy from Alexis Grant: “make future commitments you’re not ready for to force yourself to be ready when the date rolls around.”
- Maybe online booking sites aren’t always the way to go. MarketWatch lists 10 things that travel sites won’t tell you.
- LOVE these photos of Myanmar’s Inle Lake, from Nellie at Wild Junket. She called it “heaven on earth.”
- For travel photographers, it is muy importante to get over your fear of street photography. James at Digital Photography School offers seven steps to do just that — so that next time, you’ll get just the right shot! (And also not get shot.)
- Attention, slackers: if you haven’t already booked your holiday flights, here are some tips from MommyPoints to help you out.